Our home should be where we can seek comfort after a long day of hard work. Where we know no more stress or task will be waiting for us. But that’s an impossibility when that place of peace is filled with pests or under the attack of any kind of pests.
Squirrels might look cute and fluffy but they sure can be very damaging at some times. Even though squirrels might look entirely different from rodents, but they are a part of Rodentia, just like mice and rats. So, in logic, calling a rat removal near me can take care of squirrel invasions.
Damage Brought Upon By Squirrels
Squirrels are not like other pests, they are bigger and that’s why their damages are also bigger and costly. They can bring damage to different parts of your property and things and the best way to prevent them is by locating their activity areas. But their main activity area is the attic and they often enter a house from the chimney. However, here is a list of things that squirrels damages:
- Damaged and uprooted plants in the garden
- Chewed down a bird feeder or any containers that contain seeds, foods, etc
- Destroyed wires and vents with chew marks
- Appearing holes in the roof
- Small, new dug up holes in various places that weren’t there before
Best Ways to Prevent These Damages
Where there is a will, there is a way. This is why we have brought you these tips for preventing such damaging situations easily.
- For protecting the garden from these adorable beasts, cayenne paper works the best. But if you don’t have that at home red chili flacks, paprika or another spicy seasoning can work for this tip too. Sprinkle the spice around the plants, especially at the roots. You can also mix the spices with water and spray the fruits with it.
- The best way to prevent them from entering the home would be to stop encouraging them. And that will get done when you’ll stop feeding them. Feeding them will only invite them further.
- Installing a net, fence and another type of barricade would be another best method. By doing this you can protect your garden and also prevent them from entering inside the house.
- Install motion-activated sprinkler system around the house. So that whenever squirrels will set foot anywhere near your house, they can get scared away.
- Plant mint around the gardens. The strong smell of mint might be aromatic for us, but it sure is hated by squirrels. Plant the peppermint pots around the edges of the garden for best effects.
If all these tips don’t budge them, then try calling the emergency dead rat removal Brisbane, as only a professional can get the job done with precision.